NOW PICNIC & CANDIDATES MEET & GREET
MONDAY, AUGUST 19, 5:30 PM
Meet Monroe County political candidates, find out about upcoming NOW events, and enjoy good food. You don’t need to be a Rochester NOW member to attend. The following candidates will stop by: Adam Bello, candidate for Monroe County Executive; Mike Dollinger, candidate for Monroe County Court Judge; Jen Lunsford, candidate for NYS Senate 55th District; Shani Curry Mitchell, candidate for Monroe County District Attorney; Meredith Vacca, candidate for Supreme Court 7th Judicial District; and Karen Bailey Turner, candidate for Monroe County Court Judge.
Join us at the Genesee Valley Park, Dogwood Shelter, near East River Road – look for the NOW signs. Bring a dish to pass. Paper goods, water and soda will be supplied. Bring a friend.
BLACK/AFRICAN AMERICAN WOMEN’S EQUAL PAY DAY
THURSDAY, AUGUST 22, 11:45 AM
Join the Pay Equity Coalition (Roc NOW is a member) at a rally/press conference at Worker’s United, 750 East Ave., to protest how far into the year Black women, on average, must work to earn what white non-Hispanic men earned in the previous year. Wear red to symbolize how much women are “in the red” with their pay. Light snacks will be provided.
SPEAK UP. RISE UP. ACT NOW.
NOW members take action to:
- Advance equality and justice for all people.
- Hold our elected leaders accountable and demand they denounce racism, sexism, and bigotry.
- Stand up for reproductive justice and access to healthcare.
- Take on the economic inequality that drives our division.
- Take rape seriously and dismantle toxic masculinity and rape culture in one generation.
- Elect pro-women’s rights and pro-choice leaders.
- Challenge the forces that deny climate change and environmental science.
- Ensure New York remains an inclusive safe haven for women, girls, people of color, LGBTQ individuals, immigrants, those with disabilities, and all Americans.
JOIN US ON SOCIAL MEDIA
Our Heritage: Historic sites relating to women’s rights in Rochester, Seneca Falls and nearby towns.