ROE V WADE 46TH ANNIVERSARY PROGRAM
Wednesday, January 23, 2019, 7:00 pm – First Unitarian Church, 220 Winton Rd., South, Rochester
Representative Joe Morelle will speak on how the new Congress will fight the Trump Administration’s attempts to limit women’s access to birth control and abortion. Jessica Coleman, Community Health Educator with Highland Family Planning and Roc.SRJ, will discuss barriers to reproductive health services and the importance of making these services accessible to those who need them.
Michelle Casey, President & CEO of Planned Parenthood of Central & Western New York, will be speaking on Victories in Reproductive Health. (Rumor is that the NYS will pass the Reproductive Health Act on January 22.) Dr. Steven Eisinger, an OB/GYN, will share his experiences and be recognized for his 47 years of providing full reproductive health care to women.
Free and open to the public. Sponsored by Rochester NOW and Planned Parenthood of Central and Western New York.
SPEAK UP. RISE UP. ACT NOW.
NOW members take action to:
- Advance equality and justice for all people.
- Hold our elected leaders accountable and demand they denounce racism, sexism, and bigotry.
- Stand up for reproductive justice and access to healthcare.
- Take on the economic inequality that drives our division.
- Take rape seriously and dismantle toxic masculinity and rape culture in one generation.
- Elect pro-women’s rights and pro-choice leaders.
- Challenge the forces that deny climate change and environmental science.
- Ensure New York remains an inclusive safe haven for women, girls, people of color, LGBTQ individuals, immigrants, those with disabilities, and all Americans.
JOIN US ON SOCIAL MEDIA
Our Heritage: Historic sites relating to women’s rights in Rochester, Seneca Falls and nearby towns.