Women’s March – Seneca Falls, NY
Saturday, January 20, 2018, 10 am – 2:00 pm, Rochester NOW members will be joining women, men, girls and boys in Seneca Falls for the First Anniversary Rally & March – “Per-SISTERS” for Women’s Equality. Check the Women March in Seneca Falls 2018 Facebook page for more details.
Roe v. Wade 45th Anniversary Program: Protecting Our Reproductive Rights
January 22, 2018 7:00 – 8:30 pm
First Unitarian Church, 220 Winton Rd., South, Rochester, NY
Speakers will include:
- Iman Abid, Director, Genesee Valley Chapter, NYCLU
- Lauren Deutsch, Esq., Executive Director, Healthy Baby Network
- Rachael Phelps, MD, Medical Director of Planned Parenthood of Central and Western New York
- Robin Wilt, Brighton Town Council member and woman business-owner
- Jaclyn Richard, President, Rochester NOW – moderator
JOIN US ON SOCIAL MEDIA
SPEAK UP. RISE UP. ACT NOW.
As a NOW member, I commit to take action to:
- Advance equality and justice for all people.
- Hold our elected leaders accountable and demand they denounce racism, sexism, and bigotry.
- Stand up for reproductive justice and access to healthcare.
- Take on the economic inequality that drives our division.
- Take rape seriously and dismantle toxic masculinity and rape culture in one generation.
- Elect pro-women’s rights and pro-choice leaders.
- Challenge the forces that deny climate change and environmental science.
- Ensure New York remains an inclusive safe haven for women, girls, people of color, LGBTQ individuals, immigrants, those with disabilities, and all Americans.